Brené Brown & The Call to Courage
Hosts & Guests
Sarah Palmer Prindable
1:08: We have a new host!
2:30: Show intro & fun ways to share what you do
5:15 We digress (ride shares, Lyft loyalty, and Chicago gets public scooters (please wear a helmet!))
12:30 The key to unlocking joy
14:00 Brene’s story & her research
17:35 What people sometimes shy away from vulnerability (an awareness to help you stop resisting being vulnerable yourself)
18:00 Vulnerability & relationships (is this keeping you unhappy?)
29:17 The role gratitude plays in being able to experience uninterrupted joy (it’s research-backed!)
37:20 Vulnerability & believing in magic
37:55 Why Kevin and Jessica won’t raise their future kids to believe in Santa Claus
40:00 Thoughts on failure
45:35 The only way failure could happen
48:50 “It’s not the critic who counts” (and dealing w/ the inner critic)
52:00 It’s the ego that experiences vulnerability
56:17 The voice of shame
59:45 Love without conditions shows the truth
1:00:00 The stories we tell ourselves
1:05:45 Brené’s astrology
1:10:00 The difference between shame and guilt
1:14:45 Dealing w/ criticism from people that aren’t “in the arena”
Find things mentioned in the episode:
- The song with the saxophone.
- Brené Brown
- If you haven’t tried Via (Uber/Lyft alternative) here’s a code for a $20 credit: kevin8r4h
- What It Means to Be a Teacher pt. 1
- What It Means to Be a Teacher pt. 2
- Abraham-Hicks – Ask and It Is Given – Book about Law of Attraction, has a focus on “allowance”.
- Kevin’s podcast episode on why his future kids won’t believe in Santa Claus.
- Tig Notaro – Amazing comedian, we speak of the story she share’s of her mother’s support after dropping out